Prerequisite: Must be skillful with semi-automatic handguns
The pistol craft course is designed to do one thing and one thing only, save your life and the lives of others. The Stay Safe Urban Defense Pistol Craft Course prepares you to overcome real world life threatening situations, well before you find yourself in a critical incident.
Pistol Craft modalities include but are not limited to:
• The role of the handgun in day-to-day living
• Gear selections and set up
• Legalities of force and deadly force
• Mental and emotional preparation
• The psychology of violent crime, de-escalation, disengagement, verbal and non-verbal commands
• Shoot/no-shoot decision making
• Defensive flashlight
• Dealing with aftermath
• Target-focused and index-focused shooting under stress
• Weapon manipulation drills, shooting positions, shooting on the move
• Use of cover and concealment, speed reloads, tactical reloads
• Vehicle defenses, home defense
• Fighting in common structures, room clearing
• Low and no-light gun fighting
How do we do this?
We develop combat skills with extreme close quarters in an environment that wouldn’t usually be considered bullet accommodating. At Stay Safe Urban Defense we understand that a large percentage of the defensive shooting skillset is the practical development of firearm manipulation techniques.
This accomplished through unconventional munitions and training aids such as:
• Training guns
• SIRT Laser Trainers
• Air Soft Guns (Airsoft guns safely simulate all the handling aspects of a real gun without the danger.)